April 11, 2005

Red Alert

I spent a whole hour reading on bed this rainy and cooling afternoon. I went to the national library to borrow some books, after being done with the stuff I needed to do for work. Sheer luxury. If this kind of weather continues, I'm quite sure I'd be able to finish more reading and watch more stupid comedy VCDs.

xxx

I repeat, Red Alert

Sometimes you walk away from a part of the past, thinking you have gotten the best you can out of it and that you are a much better person because of that. Only to find that perhaps, that is only your way of coping with what happened and has nothing to do with whether you are a better person now.

The more you try to get out of it, the more truths you seem to be hiding. It's like... thinking you know a game really well, only to realise that you are only playing to avoid losing and there seems to be no known way to win.

It scares me. To suddenly remember that something like this has happened before. Not very long before. Honestly, I don't think I like it. I'm just trying to convince myself that I'm fine with it.

At the end of the day, who are we trying to kid?

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 22:26